History of the Frankfort Church
This postcard image is of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Frankfort, date unknown, but the postcard cost 1 cent to mail (so sometime between 1898 and 1952).
The Methodist Church in Frankfort was organized in 1849 with a membership of twenty; Rev. Jesse Penfield was the pastor. For several years previous to this, meetings had been held in the school house and in the public halls, but a small brick church was erected soon after the organization at a cost of $2,000.
This house became too small for the society; a new one was erected and dedicated June 8th, 1869. The size is 42 by 75 feet, including a small projection for steeple, and cost $15,000. (Info located at http://herkimer.nygenweb.net/frankfort.html)